Digital Telangana Program to be launched in the state from 1st July.
After Make in India and Clean India (Swachh Bharat), the Government of India is launching its 3rd major campaign, called Digital India with the objectives of
- enabling digital empowerment of citizens,
- facilitating digital infrastructure as a utility to every citizen and
- providing governance & services on demand.
Digital India will be launched through a week-long program starting 1st July
Under the leadership of Minister Mr KT Rama Rao, the ITE&C Department has simultaneously planned for a very ambitious Digital Telangana program. In fact some of the goals under Digital Telangana far exceed Digital India’s goals.
Digital Telangana stands on two pivots; each of them representing the supply and the demand side. On the supply side, the main aim is to ensure that digital facilities become available to each and every person in the state. This is being made possible through :
- Laying OFC to each household using the water grid trenches
- Providing 4G services in the entire state
- WiFi in major cities and towns
- e-Panchayat scheme under which a One Stop Shop kiosk will be available in each Panchayat
Similarly, on the demand side, the intention is to make each and every person digitally empowered so that he/she can make best use of the digital facilities that are being made available right at his/her doorstep. The strategies for this include:
- Digital literacy program, under which one member of each household will be taught to become digitally literate
- School computer literacy program: To teach every child from Class 6 onwards the basics of computers
- Expansion of Mee-Seva services
- Converting as many Mee-Seva services as possible on mobile platform and make mobile governance a reality in Digital Telangana
- Identifying technology solutions for all government agencies to provide better services to the citizens
Government of Telangana in the last 6 months has been working on making the vision of Digital Telangana a reality by providing 4G services in major cities; enabling WiFi facilities at Tank Bund, Necklace Road, Charminar, Public Gardens, Railway Station, etc; expanding Mee-Seva services and working towards the goal of One Stop Shop (OSS) kiosks at each Gram Panchayat.
During this week long program, Department of IT, E & C with the help of other departments is doing programs at village, mandal, district and state level through out the week.
The main Highlights of this program are:
- Launch of new e-services in endowments department (Online payment gateways for Yadgiri Gutta and Bhadrachalam), agriculture department (green phablet), etc
- promoting digital literacy, cyber hygiene and cyber security
- Encouraging people’s participation through Digital Pledge, competitions, Hackathon events, etc.
- Launch of biometric attendance system in Warangal District.
- WiFi services at Telangana University, Nizamabad
|1st July||Mann Ki Baat||Broadcast of ‘PM’s message on Digital India||Across the state|
|2nd July||Awareness & Enrollment Day||Enrollments for Aadhaar, Jeevan Praman, Digital Locker, etc||At village level|
|3rd July||Training on new services||Department officers and meeseva operators||At divisional and district level|
|4th July||Digital Run, Essay & Elocution competitions, Panel Discussions, culture events||Schools, Colleges, general public||At district level|
|5th July||5k Run & Digital Raahgiri||In Cyberabad to create awareness on Digital Telangana||At state level|
|6th July||Swatchh Digital India programme||Comprising of e-waste management & green IT corridor initiatives||At state level|
|Award distribution||For best performing meeseva operators||At state level|
|Signing of MoUs||On cyber security with CR Rao Institute, on Digital Literacy with Nasscom, etc||At state level|